Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ZeroWire Alarm System

Options
  • 13-10-2023 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hello

I moved into a house recently that has a zerowire alarm system installed (controller box, door and window sensors and two interior motion sensors).

The previous owners left nothing for the alarm system, no codes, manual or fobs.

Can someone please let me know how I can have this system reset or recoded so that I can use it?

From what I understand this system is used by multiple different service providers who program in web access codes on installation (to use with Ultrasync+ app).

Can any provider simply call out and reset the unit and provide me with new codes?

What is the link to the monitoring stations? Are they separate to the service providers and since the system is already installed can I just take out a subscription with one of them for ongoing monitoring? If so, what are the options?

I haven't had to mess about with alarm systems before so would really appreciate some guidance.

I tried contacting a couple of the service providers but they seem to gloss over my questions and are only interested in getting me to sign up with them.

Another worry I have is that they'll charge me the full price as if for a brand new install despite all the equipment already been in place.

Thanks for any advice!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

The system itself can be reset to gain access to change the codes but if the system is locked to a engineer cloud then nothing can be setup for configuring the system to have app control over the Wi-Fi/GSM.

Only way to do this is to get it released from the cloud it is on.

I would say that is why they are looking to do a panel swap more so than anything else.

That panel is on end of life also as UTC have released a new system.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Jacster

Thanks Altor. And without knowing who the system was with previously I don't know who it's locked to. So seems the best thing to gain control of system is to replace the controller.

If replacing the controller can I upgrade to the new system at same time?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

Yes, if the sensors used are the lona or the older 433 sensors then they will learn into the new control panel.

Its a separate control panel and keypad but makes more sense now than waiting for any issue to pop up the Zerowire panel would need replacing.

Advertisement