Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eczema caused by heat

• 15-10-2023 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭

I have eczema, mostly between my fingers on my right hand. Was doing a lot of outdoor renovations up until recently so my wife was doing nearly all the cooking. Now that the children are back to school I am back making the dinner in the evenings and my eczema is back with evengeance. It’s definitely triggered by heat. Also when I wore rubber gloves when insulating the attic I got it really bad. Are there gloves you can wear when cooking to protect against heat? I have seen eczema gloves but their purpose seems to be to moisturize rather than protect.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 jeffersonsam

I think your body is not able to bare the heavy heat condition, so better to drink more water before start your cooking process. It might be useful for you in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,509 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

Seem to a lot of options online.

"Cooking gloves heat resistant"

Googling Heat Rash and Eczema suggests they are not always the same. You probably know this.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭alexago

I'm sorry to hear about your struggles with eczema. Have you considered looking for gloves that have heat-resistant properties in addition to being suitable for food handling?

My advice is not to hesitate to consult with a dermatologist or healthcare professional for personalized advice and recommendations based on your specific condition. Also, you can look through the forums about repair, building, etc. Maybe someone faces this problem and knows the solution and can tell what meds owrk for them. I often find the answers this way and then check the info about them on the canadian pharmacy site to understand how to use them and whether they are safe.

Post edited by alexago on

Advertisement