Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zgemma, Kodi and Android TV Question

Options
  • 16-10-2023 8:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi all, i am trying to watch tv channels on my Sony Android TV- via the Kodi app using a PVR client to watch from the zgemma box over a network.

I am not overly technical but i found out on this site how to get it set up - download the pvr client and punch in the IP address of the Zgemma.

When watching the satellite channels it works fine ( bbc and cnn etc).

however when i watch the Irish tv channels ( the aerial ones) i get black bars at the side of the screen. ( the view itself when playing in kodi).

Does anybody know how to fix this to get a proper view please?

Only applies to the irish channels - and also don't seem to have the same issue when i use kodi on a pc.

seems to to be a kodi app on an android tv - and irish channel specifically issue?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,057 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I have a similar setup, Kodi on a Sony Bravia Andriod TV, the channels are coming from TVHeadend but the principle is the same.

Watch a programme, tap the gear wheel, video settings, view mode, change it to Normal (but try the others too)

Or if your device has a keyboard plugged in / bluetoothed, press Z while watching to cycle through the view modes.

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

Advertisement