Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smashing Pumpkins and Weezer, Three Arena, 10th June 2024

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Jambonjunior

I feel like you can't see anything from the seats. Watching videos from the standing looks like a totally different experience. I'd be reluctant to go to a gig again in seats without a screen.

Technically I saw JC playing drums, but I don't feel like I did at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,587 ✭✭✭Penfailed

I was right down the front by the end of the set. The drum kit was that big, I didn't see him either!

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 49 CantonasCat2

Hi 👋 - what all were the perks that came with the VIP tickets for this? I see that Pantera (pre-sale on sale Tuesday) is gonna have VIP available too. Was there a back stage tour package? Im definitely not a fan of having them. Sorry - one more question - is standing at these 3 Arena gigs GA, or is there a front barrier section / golden circle sh!te? TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 14,508 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

There wasn't one at the SP gig anyway, you could walk right up to the front, with some effort, if you felt like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Yeah, don't think I've ever seen a golden circle at the 3arena

The VIP things are a total ripoff, definitely not worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

The blink-182 show in the 3Arena (September 2023) was to have a front standing section, but then it was postponed and moved to Kilmainham. Olivia Rodrigo had a pit for most of the UK arena dates, but not here, and that may have happened with other acts as well.

I think the 3Arena's amphitheatre layout doesn't facilitate it. The floor area isn't deep enough to accommodate a pit without eroding too much space. Girls Aloud effectively had a pit - two Gold Circles, divided by a walkway, leading to a semi-circular walkway - but it went out so far that there was very little room on the GA floor directly behind that B-Stage.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

Advertisement