Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Definitely Maybe

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭CuriousCucumber

Very hyped after seeing the setlist from the weekend.

Can't wait for the gig in Thomand Park.

I'd take that exact setlist over and over again

Also, he had posted on Twitter, that he wouldn't be playing DM in it's running order, as he couldn't dream of playing Live Forever so early in a gig. Makes total sense

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

There is 4 B-sides missing Alive, Listen Up, Sad Song and Take Me Away but the setlist is great especially adding Lock All The Doors

Post edited by McLoughlin on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭piplip87

Looking like I might have to try and squeeze one of the Point shows into my schedule (Have Pink and PJ the same weekend) after seeing the Setlist + the production. I think it could be one to see in an arena rather than outside in the brightness. Will still head to Limerick and Belfast though.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭jazz_jazz

I have tickets for Thomond, going with a friend of mine who would only be a casual listener of Oasis and she is someone who likes to stand way back towards the back and have plenty of space. On a total whim this evening I checked if there were tickets left for Dublin and there are. Got myself a ticket for Monday night. Going by myself and cannot wait. Absolutely buzzing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭T.V Eye

Wonder it there will be a seat in the point reserved for the brother? Keep an eye out.

Listening to DM now and I'm excited for this. Columbia will probably make my night but i'll even mark out for the tune about Lasanga.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Steve Allen

Just on the "Noels songs" thing, surprised to see some of the b-sides on the setlists. But Sad Song could be classed a an album track since it was on the vinyl version, but isn't included.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,546 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

sad song hasnt been played and Boneheads bank holiday wont be played . Liam also wouldnt play the outro to its good to be free on the accordion

• Registered Users Posts: 5,388 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

I'm terrible at getting tickets for any gig. The only one I've been to in the last few years was Blur. Heard about this anniversay tour for Definitely Maybe and it did strike my interest. Then forgot all about it again. Low and behold, my mate says he had a spare free vip ticket if I wanted to go yesterday, and I said of course.

Can't wait now. Looked at the previous setlists from the tour, and looks even better than I thought. I am the Walrus and Whatever etc being played. Oasis' cover of I am the Walrus, must be one of the greatest covers ever for me. Can't wait to hear Rock 'n Roll Star, Supersonic, Slide Away etc. And they better play I Am the Resurrection before the gig to get everyone in the mood.

Seen Oasis in Slane once and was a disaster, lost my wallet and phone before I even got in there, fell in cowshit in a new PSG huddy, got all my drink taken before I got in and got split from my mates. Whole thing a disaster. Was off my face. Beady Eye in the Olympia was no better, missed the whole gig downing pints at the bar. So looking forward to having a few social ones and taking this in.

Not many chances left to hear some of these older songs, even if Oasis reformed, many wouldn't get on the setlist. And always liked Cast too, so looking forward to hearing them

One other thing, I never understood the hate Beady Eye got. I actually think their first album was better than any of Liams subsequent solo albums. It's actually very good

• Advertisement

Beady eyes music was overproduced . too much goin on taking away from Liam singing,

Maybe, but For Anyone, Kill for a Dream, and The Beat Goes on are great songs for example. Better than any of his solo stuff imo

there not done for liam there done By Gem for Gem , anyone could have sung them songs , when you have Liam singing produce it to make the best of him, Beady Eye very rarely did .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭ronano

If anyone has a ticket for tonight or tomorrow for 40 euro id happily take it.

I always thought flick of the finger by beady eye is the best post oasis track with liam.om vocals

its a different type of track alright . its like a poem , slowed way down .

• Registered Users Posts: 16,988 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

The tickets started at 70 odd quid.

I'd like to fill my car up with diesel and only pay half of what it's worth.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭BandMember

If anyone is looking for a ticket to the Monday night gig, DM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

My first gig was Oasis in The Point in '96. Great gig, complete with crowd surfing, being fished out at the front by security and returned back to the pond to do it again. Roll on 28 years and here I found myself again just going for nostalgic reasons, Liam's a knob and it won't be the same without Noel I said. Jaysus. The crowd actually throbbed last night. From start to finish it f**king throbbed. Every word of every song, even the B sides! (ok, maybe not Lock the Doors) 18 year olds belting it out like it was a competition to know them. It was melting hot in the pit, and yes I got clobbered with a flying pint, but it was actually welcome at that point. It was more like a massive karaoke night so down front you couldn't really hear Liam sing over it. Having seen other videos this morning the sound was obviously geared towards further back and much clearer there. If I didn't have plans this eve I'd definitely look for a seated ticket to get that experience too (Maybe!)

Throat is pretty scratchy from vapes and spliffs being smoked all around the standing area, they really should make it illegal…

They were being fairly stingy with the Air Con button too I thought, but overall an immense gig, whopper setlist and an absolutely bouncing crowd made it one of my all timers. Savage.

Absolutely cannot wait for tonight. I've a standing ticket and I'm short so I'm hoping to get up as close to the front as I can. Heading up from Cork in a while & looking forward to the drive belting out the songs before tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭cassette50

It was a great concert, the atmosphere was absolutely electric at some points especially during Supersonic.

Lots of middle aged men in bucket hats having one last dance with the remnants of their youth and a crazy amount of pints flying through the air which is a crime at €8 a pop.

The sound was unusually loud for the 3 Arena but his voice seems to be in great shape at the moment.

Special shout-out also for the reasonably priced tickets for an out of this world concert.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Chuffed to hear this lads. Noel might have written the songs but all that energy came from his brother. To see him reclaim this energy so successfully - for kids that werent even born when it first happened - is the biz.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭T.V Eye

What a gig.

From everyone singing along to I am the Resurrection while the years ticked down on stage, to the security staff with their arms around a group of lads swaying along to Half the World Away.... just a lovely atmosphere. Fantastic stage setup and visuals too.

Liam still being able to belt out those songs in 2024 is shocking. His post-BE career has been a nice redemption arc.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭nice bit of green

Going tonight, massive.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Declan1

Anyone know the stage times?

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭jimosterberg

Brilliant gig. Loved every minute of it.

Cast are on at 7:45

Liam at 9. Gig was over about 10:40

Doors 6.30pm

Vilanelle 7pm

Cast 7.45pm

Liam 9.00pm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭brick tamland

Brilliant gig, great set list and atmosphere. As above, I'd have preferred Sad Song to Lock all the doors, but its a minor gripe.

I enjoyed Cast too, still sounds pretty good

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Highlighter75

We're in Section L row 51. Bricking getting up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Dutchie

I have seen Oasis/Liam Gallagher 5-6 times over the years, first time in 95/96 in the Point. My 15 year old daughter plagued me to bring her, so I jumped on Ticketmaster on Friday and got 2 front row tickets in section J (seated). As other posters, said there were lots of middle aged men sporting bucket hats hiding the grey/receding hairline, plenty of old school Oasis T-shirts under a bit of pressure around the belly!! The atmosphere was class, everybody in great form, the weather helped.

Cast got a throughly well deserved reception- great set. The sound system then played 90's brit pop classics culminating in I Am the Resurrection, everyone at full voice even before the gig started, I have never expericenced anything like it!!

Liam came on at 9, his voice sounded really powerful. The sound was class where I was sitting, everyone was straight to their feet the place was hopping, drinks being fired in every direction, pure messing!!!. My 15 year old could not believe what she was seeing it, around us there were other teenage sons and daughters with mouths dropped, looking at their parents 'mature' behaviour!!

One of the highlights for me was 'Cigarettes and Alcohol' the place went mental- check out the vidoes online.

Gig finished on a high with 'I am the walrus'

Everyone going tonight and to Thomand park- Enjoy, Enjoy, Enjoy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭dobman88

Cracking night last night. Anyone going tonight is in for a treat. He was on stage bang on 9 last night too and straight into it, no messing around. All the reviews from last night are full of praise.

Only slight negative was lads in front row seats throwing almost full pints down to us standing. Resulted in a small scrap with security before eventually they got them out.

All in all a great night and the crowd around us were in great form with everyone chatting before hand and looking out for each other during the gig while going a bit mental.

Advertisement