Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

outdoor lilies - protecting against frost.

Options
  • 16-10-2023 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hello we have 3 beautiful outdoor lilies in the garden, they are quite big, is there anyway i can protect them from the frost, is there a cover or mesh i could buy to wrap around them.

Thanks every

Sooty

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,107 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Hi! Cotton thread and that light aerated packing plastic, or even bubble-wrap would do it. I think I saw a fleece which you can get in some garden-centers too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,686 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

We're in a frost pocket but Lillie's have always been fine with just a mulch of garden compost on them over the Winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭billyhead

OP. I have a load of Lillie's too. I prune them at this time of the year right down to the ground. I do it every year and they come back each summer.

Advertisement