Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Administrative Officer 2023

167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 bbf1234

how long did people have to wait from interview day to getting the result of the interview? Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 12 okbreakfast

was six days for me

• Registered Users Posts: 4 bbf1234

thank you! Was this 6 working days?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 okbreakfast

hey! no, it was four working days, I had my interview on Friday and got results the following Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Sartre

Anyone been assigned recently? I have been called to clearance on batch 6. Any idea how long I can expect to be waiting? I am an existing civil servant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 DeltaSun

Anyone receive a ‘Stage 2 Expression of Interest’ communication last week?

Does anyone know what happens to the live panel when the new AO competition is launched later this year? Are people who have been successful at interview in this competition still assigned even though a new competition is up & running or does the panel cease to exist once the new competition is launched?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Yes, I did. Given that the email set out a time frame for the next phase, I really hoped that I'd receive an invitation to the next round. (My OOM is low 500s)

I know this panel can't remain open forever, but given that it takes a few weeks to get a new competition up and running, I'd hope that the 2023 competition (launched in Oct 2023, iirc?) would remain live until November.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Sinradler

They have been placing people very quickly from previous batches so if you pass the interview, you've got a really good shot. Best of luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭skidmarkoner

When does this comp close in mid 500 was hoping to get called but I'm doutbful now

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Missy95

Can anyone tell me if it’s worth moving from EO to AO?

Is it a lot more work? I’m happy as EO but have an interview for AO.

• Advertisement

Allways do the interview then decide weather its worth it or not if you pass

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Sartre

When is the next batch of interviews being held?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭foggyflies

Probably soon. It seems most of batch 6 is now cleared through.

Does anybody think the next batch will be called the comp ends before October won't be time to do interviews and place people

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Bill187

There's interviews next week, not sure what batch

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Lultam

I have an interview on Tuesday and I was 460 OoM in Dublin if that helps give you an idea of where they're at

• Registered Users Posts: 4 brackenben122

I’m 696 on the OOM - do you think I have a chance of being called for interview ?

Had my AO interview today. Anyone know when outcome will be?

Can anyone tell me what is involved in the AO job? It is research and policy or are they used to perform HEO roles?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 MaryKaye79

it depends on where you are assigned

in my department AOs have staff and do the exact same job as HEOs - no difference bar the wages

in my old department AOs did not have staff, did policy work

• Advertisement

Thanks. Do you mind if I ask which department is this?

I don’t have enough experience for HEO like roles. Can they avail of Flexi time and blended working and shorter working year?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 MaryKaye79

rather not name the department but yes they all have access to flexi, blended etc

is there any AOs in your current department that you can ask advice from, I’m not AO so they will know more than me 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Lyncheyy

For timeline purposes -

July 27th contacted for clearance

• August 2nd Garda vetting completed.
    • August 17th Department provided.
      - still waiting on HR to contact me.

Not impossible but seeing as how it will run until November it's unlikely. Email them asking for the OOM.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 DeltaSun

I’d say it will be Mon 26 Aug at the very earliest, as they’re holding interviews all of this week (19th - 23rd)

Does anyone know how long it takes for HR to contact you after being assigned a department? And typically how long it is until you start after being provided your department?

Was literally 10 minutes after the email that i got a phone call. Kinda mad but there ya go!

Usually would be a month or so before you start a new placement.

Jesus that's amazing that it was 10 minutes later! Incredibly helpful response, I've searched everywhere for this information but to no avail. Thanks so much :).

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Sark2024

Yes it was very quick for me too! I got the email in the morning and got called that afternoon. Start date was pretty flexible - I asked for five weeks to wrap other commitments up which HR had no problem with.

• Advertisement
Advertisement