Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manchester Marathon April 14th 2024

Options
  • 17-10-2023 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just signed up for the Manchester Marathon on a whim. Logged on at 11:50am just to see what date it was etc and they said a limited number of general release entries were going up at 12:00. Took it as a sign so I'm now signed up. Looking forward to winter training as my last 4 marathons have been Dublin so a nice change....remind me of that when I'm out in the snow/ice/sleet!

Anyone else entered?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭CuriousCucumber

Did it this year. It's nice. Good support throughout. Some boring parts. One sucker of a hill at around 16 miles in Altrincham.

Well organised.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 robertod

I'm signed up too, having deferred twice since 2022. Will be doing it this time though.

CuriousCucumber, any tips for decent accommodation over there?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 The_Geezer

i would like some tips for accommodation as well, trying to get in for next year (have signed up to reminder list) hope i haven't left it too late!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Bgiraffe

Did the Manchester Marathon in 2022. Loved it. Stayed in the Motel One beside Picadilly Station. Train from airport goes to Picadilly. Then walk around corner to hotel. Very handy. The trams are brilliant for expo and morning of race.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭CuriousCucumber

We stayed in Motel One - Piccadilly.

Centrally located in Manchester, and walked to the tram in the morning to get to the start line.

Was close to the number pick-up spot, and handy for going out for something to eat and drink, after the marathon.

Room was basic, but that's all I needed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭racersedge

Worth also noting with Motel One is that there is no hot breakfast. Just more continental style with cereals, fruits etc. just worth noting if you like your hot brekkie

However don’t let that knock it. I found it an ideal hotel and the one I stayed in had the tram right outside the door and was a short walk to the city centre. Would definitely be my choice again if I was back to Manchester.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭winstonia

Check Airbnb too. Trams all around Manchester so easy to get to the start. Easy to skip waves too if ye get faster. Boring marathon course though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

Jurys in Bridgewater is really handy for the tram to Old Trafford Cricket Ground, bag drop and start/finish.5 minute walk from Oxford Road station to the hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Dats_rite

Less than 24 hours to go, feeling nervous.

Weather looks to be good for running.

Going for a pb of sub 3:20.......fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭marathon2022

Good luck tomorrow, did my first sub 3.20 at Manchester(2022). Lovely course

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Unthought Known

Advertisement