Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Zone issue

Options
  • 17-10-2023 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Would be grateful for advice have HKC alarm. Had one window vibration sensor give trouble 2 years ago - triggering false alarm. Engineer who installed dialled in and removed senor/zone from alarm until he would visit to fix. Despite asking +++ he never come and in the end basically said get someone else. All well and good but no Engineer code! I've had same issue with other sensors since and I've just replaced them successfully and fixed the issue. So figure if I replace sensor on the zone deactivated it would sort that but how can I get this sensor back onto the system 🤔

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,686 ✭✭✭✭altor

If the sensor is on a zone he could of made said zone unused.

If the sensor is an RF sensor then he could of deleted the sensor.

Either way you would need engineer access to the alarm to re-enable the zone or add the RF sensor.

You could try a default, down power the system, battery and mains.

Remove the factory reset link on the board.

Power back up on the battery, if not engineer locked, you can scroll using the # button to just default the codes.

User 1111, engineer 4567.

This will give you access to do the above.

Advertisement