Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Pension: Anticipated Amount of Pension.

• 18-10-2023 6:32pm

Hi all:

I have made 24 years full contributions (52 per year) since 1999. Hopefully all being well, staying above the sod, I should be working a few more years. Call it 30 years contributions. Is there anywhere I can check what the pension amount will be?

(I've also paid 16 years NI/Pension contributions since 1984 when working in England).

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,894 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Good explainer and calculator here https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/b6193-how-to-calculate-your-state-pension-contributory-rate/#

It may also be worth your while to buy contribution years in the UK to maximise your pension from there too.

• Thanks banie01,

I'm looking into making Class 2 Contributions to maximise my UK pension. Is it possible/permissable to have 2 near-full state pensions from both UK and Ireland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭TooTired123

Yes. My elderly mother has a full state pension from both uk and Ireland.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

Advertisement