Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Climate Change Catastrophie thread

• 19-10-2023 12:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭

My daughter failed her Leaving this year.

The reason, Climate change!

Rakes of Israelies killed by Hamas.

Obviously attributed to Climate Change.

Tell us about how you're life has been affected by Climate change.

Have your cows stopped milking?

Did you burn your tongue on a potato waffle?

Or did your wife leave ya?

Tell us of your stories as to how Climate Change affected ye?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,154 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

If I were a “climate denier”, who’d eaten up all the propaganda served up, and paid for, by the oil companies I’d be feeling, more than, a little foolish around now.

These oil companies are now arguing that the ‘impact of fossil fuel use on the global climate has been open and obvious for decades’ as a way to fight potential legal cases being brought against them.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭Shoog

Go try to rake up contraversy somewhere else. What a stupid opening comment.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,917 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Why? People who believe in that sort of drivel have a cat like intellectual ability to justify whatever nonsense they believe. They didn't logic themselves into their hole so logic can't dig them out.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Hyperbollix

Harsh on cats. Sheep would surely be a more accurate analogy. Sheep would gladly run off the edge of a cliff on the shepherd's instructions.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,917 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I was referring to feline flexibility, not implying they were stupid.

Sheep aren't nearly as stupid as most people think btw. They're not clever but they're not devoid of intelligence either.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

There's no "i" in catastrophe.

Yes, I passed higher level English in my Leaving Cert.

Advertisement