Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Smart Thermostats Record When and How Often Heat is Called For?

Options
  • 19-10-2023 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

I'd really be interested to see hard data on how often my system calls the boiler to provide heat. I'd assume its a pretty easy thing to record, but just before I go and buy some I thought I'd ask the question above...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭timetogo1

I have a hive. The bits in blue are where the heat was on (either turned on automatically or by myself)

After 7am I get it to aim for 19.5 degrees.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭fasterbetter

Netatmo (Homekit compatible) does this as well...I'd be surprised if any of the smart thermostat controllers don't do it. You get a report every month saying how many hours the boiler was on for..so you can compare month on month and year on year.

They save money by anticipating how soon they need to switch on the boiler to get to your target temp at a particular time...and the same at the other end

So say you want the house at 19 degree from 6PM to 10PM. The boiler might come on at 5:30 or 5:40 depending on the ambient temperature and might switch off at 9:15 or 9:30.....in between it works to keep the temp as close to the target you set as possible.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,700 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

I got a day by day graph on my drayton Wiser app. And cause I'm a HA nerd, I've got it tracked there too

Advertisement