Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

losing job after mortgages after letter of offer

• 20-10-2023 3:35pm
    Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2

Me and my partner got our letter of offer for our mortgage but I was told I’ll be losing my job after. We bank with aib and our mortgage is with AIb. Will they ask for updated payslip before drawn down

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭lmk123

Probably not if you drawdown within 6 months

• Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2 emily007

Was scared they might notice in my bank statement that my salary hasn’t been coming in or when they see I got a redundant

thank you for your reply btw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭lbunnae

During COVID the banks brought in a policy of asking for an updated payslip before drawdown. I think some kept it up , I'm not sure if all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,954 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

If you were made redundant I presume you got some type of redundancy package, so that will be a nice lump sum.

Try to find a job between now and drawdown, it doesn't have to be your dream career just something that shows a regular wage coming in.

Advertisement