Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why the Citroen Ami would be a perfect runabout for city and rural towns in Ireland

• 20-10-2023 7:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,456 ✭✭✭✭
    Ms

Not only that it would be a perfect vehicle for school teenagers too in secondary school. Notice the way I say vehicle because it is not a car it is a quadracycle.

Think of it. No need to worry about them speeding with a top speed of 45kph and a limited range so they would not go calavanting either.

The Government should be be giving incentives for these so they could be bought for between 6 and 8k.

It's a disgrace that ot has not been sold here yet. Come on @Citroen get the arse out of your lead ;( sorry I mean lead out of your arse lol.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Post edited by Sephiroth_dude on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,542 ✭✭✭✭road_high

I don’t think so. They’re perfect for huge cities like Paris or London. Dublin at a stretch. Other than that they’re too small and vulnerable for Irish roads. The sales stats bare this out- micro cars have never been big sellers here and the volumes too small to sell these low margin cars profitably- most makers have dropped city cars from their ranges. The Toyota Aygo Kia picanto/Hyundai I10 are the only ones I can think of off hand and they’re more of a small supermini now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭mk7r

The to speed is just way too slow to be practical. 80k would be much more realistic and usable, 45k is incredibly slow in modern traffic, even in urban areas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,456 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I agree but the revamped version hopefully will be able to do 80kph whenever they come out.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,507 ✭✭✭con747

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,492 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Then it wouldn’t qualify as a quadricycle and lots more regulations come into play!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,003 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I saw a YouTube video on this thing a while back...

This guy has not had a good experience with them (he has a few videos in the series).

Not a chance would I get into one of these things nor put anyone I cared about in it (certainly not young kids like he has).

£8000!! They're no better than those plastic kids electric cars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,542 ✭✭✭✭road_high

They have to be euro ncap compliant or do they have some kind of size/weight exemption?

Advertisement