Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Druids golf

Options
  • 20-10-2023 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,582 ✭✭✭

Hi

looking to buy a waterproof jacket, not for golf to be honest, just to protect me from the rain in normal use. Don’t need a hood.

Druid’s seem to have some decent looking stuff, never really heard of them before.

are they rated?

specifically looking at this one (storm tech rain jacket)

has a 13k waterproof rating so not bad

https://www.druids.com/products/storm-guard-rain-jacket-navy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭swededmonkey

I've bought polo's and trousers from them in the last year and haven't had any issues

• Registered Users Posts: 5,582 ✭✭✭obi604

thanks, any comments on the sizing - does it run big or small?

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭dazzday

They usually have stock of some items in Elverys - found it a good place to and try the gear on and then order direct from Druids for half the price

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭token56

I've bought quite a lot of stuff off druids over the past 2 years and never had any issues. I got some rain gear last year and while the jacket does the job from a waterproof perspective it is a bit restrictive when swinging. I would say this is true of most water proof jackets though, at least those designed for golf. Size wise I would say it is all very much true to size.

I've since turned to using water proof running jackets for golfing. They won't provide the same level of warmth and maybe protection from the wind but that can be compensated with an extra layer underneath. But I find they are much easier to swing in while still providing good protection from the water. But that is just my opinion.

Advertisement