Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Moorings, Athlone. Good place?

Options
  • 21-10-2023 4:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,

I am a foreigner, work for tech and live in Dublin. I can’t afford anything in Dublin, so I am on sales agree in an apartment in Athlone, the complex is called “The Moorings”. I tried to find feedback on internet about the area, the complex, the neighborhood but didn’t find anything. Anyone has any idea or anything to share? Is a good area to live? Safe? Fancy? Thanks in advance!

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sopley

Hi, yes it's a nice spot in an excellent location. Close walking distance to the train station and the Greenway which cuts across the town and also just off the motorway. It's a small and trouble free estate and Athlone overall is a safe town for its size. You can also easily walk to the town centre from The Moorings. Athlone is a nice town overall. Great shopping, good pubs and restaurants and a nice setting along the River Shannon and Lough Ree. There are plenty of good job opportunities in Athlone across a number of sectors while there's also a number commuter trains to Dublin each day if you do have to work there occasionally

• Registered Users Posts: 3 gohandsome

Much appreciated your feedback

Advertisement