Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new cables virgin

Options
  • 21-10-2023 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

I seen virgin running new fiber in our estate they seem to be going from amp to amp anyone know what there up to .we have cable here for 25 years

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭decor58

Virgin in fairness have been rolling out a fibre system for years, some cables may need to be updated, probably part of an upgrade scheme. They, VM, also did a deal with Sky during the week which gives Sky access to the VM cable network. Sky in turn will be keen to sell their internet bundles, broadband, tv, to areas they couldn't previously,apartment blocks etc, like Eir, Vodafone. Reduced dependency on dishes and aerials in respect of tv, BBC/ITV to launch a UK online service, like Freeview/ Freesat, next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 eskin

My estate is being rewired with fibre by VM also. Does anybody know what type of in house fibre termination VM will be using? I would like to run cable from attic down to router location myself rather than have VM do it. I have fibre cable with correct termination to connect to box on main cable outside - just wondering if VM will be able to put required termination on it inside. Tried asking VM but waste of time .

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭bulbs2010

Dose this mean that they will be bypassing taps and coax Drop cable.How will they do it for there overhead coustomers?

Advertisement