Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Paint tins--can they be recycled

• 21-10-2023 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭

can paint tins be recycled?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

They are accepted in my local authority operated re-cycle facility, so I would say yes. The problem is that there is not a standard service offered across any of the various local authority and/or commercial run facilities , so not all centres may take them.

The re-cycle approach in this country is uncoordinated, inefficient and unnecessarily complicated. All re-cycle depots should be run by a national authority that offers the same services and facilities in all areas. ...... but that's another thread in itself.

The answer to your question is that they can be re-cycled but they may not be accepted in particular areas.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,355 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

our local bring centre takes paint too - but as to recycling the tins themselves, i suspect the issue is that they're probably covered in dried paint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 847 ✭✭✭cobham

I have a selection of elderly tins with diverse contents from paint to damp proof stuff and other chemical stuff such as patio cleaner and creasote. Also some non functioning aerosols,,,,, I was hoping to bring all to local dump where there used to be a 'paint' place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,269 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

They try to ration and charge extra for the amount of empty cans you can bring at my local recycling place.

So I horse them into the fire to burn off the excess paint and recycle them as scrap metal

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,355 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

how many paint tins do you get through?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 847 ✭✭✭cobham

oh dear surely burning paint is not acceptable, certainly not in an urban area. A lot o my paint pots are plastic.... I asked recently a local dump and some charge to access paint place.

Advertisement