Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Bee Sting by Paul Murray

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭De Bhál

I'm almost finished this book, maybe 100 pages to go.

This is the Guardian's headline to it's review of the book

A brilliantly funny, deeply sad portrait of an Irish family in crisis from the author of Skippy Dies

What am I missing because I haven't read a funny line in the whole thing…so far. All I feel while reading it is uneasy, apprehensive and generally a bit worried about what's going on.

It's a brilliant book. The Imelda and the Dickie sections are great reading.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

I know yeah. It’s not a funny book in my opinion at all. But it’s a good read.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

I remember chuckling a couple of times but not enough to call this a funny book.

This is water. Inspiring speech by David Foster Wallace https://youtu.be/DCbGM4mqEVw?si=GS5uDvegp6Er1EOG

Advertisement