Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Husband's Contribution for Buying an Apartment

• 22-10-2023 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

My spouse is buying a small apartment on cash. The proceeds are from her savings and I am contributing some amount. She will rent the apartment and it will be her only income source from 2024 on wards.

We have submitted and will submit our tax returns as joint till end of 2023. From 2024 we will submit returns separately.

Most of the apartment payment is from our joint accounts. Some amount is in my individual account and will be transferred to solicitor from my account. Can the amount from my individual account to purchase apartment (the apartment will be in her name) create any issue with solicitor, revenue, etc.?

Thanks!

Comments

Advertisement