Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballyfermot - Drumfinn Road

• 22-10-2023 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2 NewDub808

Hi everyone,

I know your heads are probably wrecked with these types of questions! But any info on the Drumfinn Road/Avenue area appreciated. Is it safe enough, are people sound enough? Would this be considered Ballyer or more Cherry Orchard? We're looking to buy and I'm not super familiar with this part. Have spent some time over near Deccies, O Hogan Road and the park there and that seems like a nice area.

We'd be really happy living in a solid working class area, we're happy to pitch in and help the road out, get involved with clubs etc. No problem with it being a bit rough or whatever as long as it's not too bad, heard some wild stuff about Cheery Orchard lately that doesn't sound great. I spent time with family in Coolock and Darndale as a kid so areas with some social issues aren't anything new, and we're living in Rialto near the flats at the moment. We're happy here but no way we can afford to buy in this area - budget around 300-315k so no chance. A small 2/3 bed terrace would be fine.

Thanks so much for reading and thanks in advance for any advice or thoughts, would be really appreciated 👍

Post edited by NewDub808 on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Wood

Hi,

Drumfinn road is very quiet. It's very settled and has been for years. It's a nice area, very settled, loads of transport links and amenities close by.

Drumfinn is ballyfermot, not cherry orchard, it's almost all families, with almost zero rental properties, and a middle of the road percentage of pensioners. I live in that general area. My wife is from castleknock and we bought a house in ballyfermot 3 years ago, she absolutely loves it. The commute to the city is easy, shopping centres within a 15 minute drive, airport 15-20 minutes away.

This map is from a similar conversation i had with someone a few months back, (the bus comment is pretty irrelevant now with the routes having changed due to bus connects):

The yellow boxes are easily the best places to live, the bottom left area that's not highlighted i would stay away from, the highlighted area in the top left is great, but seldom come up for sale and when they do they generally require some refurbishment. I would live on any road around Markievicz park except for Decies, the only reason being i wouldn't want busses driving past my house all day and night.

Hope this helps. If you need anything else feel free to send me a message

I was that person from a few months back, celebrating 6 months in my house now on Friday and not a spot of bother and can confirm everything this gentleman said.

The neighbor's are super friendly and have made me feel extremely welcome despite being a culchie/outsider.

Nothing but positive things to say about Ballyer (especially Ger's Deli)!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Kurooi

Yup that map is absolutely accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 NewDub808

Guys thanks a million, really appreciate the steer! Much appreciated. Sounds great, maybe I'll be seeing you in Ballyfermot soon, all good wishes and good luck charms accepted 🤞😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,228 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

This is pretty spot on imo.

I live within the yellow box on the RHS (lally) can confirm, been here I think 8ish years, zero issues neighbours are lovely happier here than I was in inchicore tbh. Prices on my street soaring too, I paid 157...valued recently at 340+...Markiewicz is very handy if you have a dog, bump and grind is a top little spot for a coffee or a sandwich too. Nice walk to war memorials as well. Transport to town is grand too. Any specific questions OP has feel free to give me a DM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,228 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Molloys is a savage off license as well :)

Lock and brew also solid for some food too.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

My green bin disappeared some what spookily yesterday on All Hallows Eve, before mid day in fact. I speculate it may have been fuel for a bonfire some where but this is the 1st and only minor issue I have had in Ballyer.

Few fire works around but no misbehaviour like I used to see around Summerhill and Ballybough when I used to rent in Dublin 3.

Advertisement