Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Data add on

• 22-10-2023 5:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭

I'm with 3.

I don't have a data plan as I don't use internet when I'm out. I used to have the €5 add on but they stopped that in May. I'm mostly at home so connected to home WiFi so doesn't really bother me.

However every so often I get a random text saying my account has been debited by €2 (yeah I know not a lot, but the principle) for data, despite not leaving the house or touching the data options, so phone was always connected to wifi.

I contacted 3 and they said they are operating within whatever framework it is and they can legitimately deduct the account.

Said it was probably Spotify or Netflix....I pointed out I absolutely doubt that as I've never used either of them on my phone as I'm deaf.

So anyway is there a way around blocking this random €2 deduction?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

They can add a data blocking code on your account which will prevent your number accessing data while you're out and about even if you wanted to. That will stop it but you'd need to contact Three. You can switch it off on the phone but it wouldn't be as reliable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Thank you.

Yeah I did contact them initially, but wasn't really happy with their reply.

I've no problem paying for it if I'm out and I turn it on and I'm using it.

However when I'm charged and the phone hasn't even disconnected from the house wifi it's very annoying.

Advertisement