Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can my iPhone 14 Pro max be fake?

• 22-10-2023 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I bought iPhone on done deal few months ago, checked Imei and serial numbers, all matched on original box and on the phone.Decided to sell,as need money,send to Swapie.ie,but they have told me that this phone is not original!

Can you tell me please, if all serial, Imei numbers matches,even checking on apple website, it can be still fake?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭turfthrower

Yep, it can still be fake. Check out this video: https://youtu.be/HYSqxydnIsw

I recently tried to buy a pair of second hand Airpods Max via Facebook marketplace and had to give up. Bought a set that looked and felt great, matching serial numbers on the box, on the headphones and in the software on the headphones. Was able to put the serial number into Apple's online checker and it checked out.

The headphones even triggered Apple's pairing system and seemed to operate great, just not with brilliant sound quality. The software on my iphone showed the headphones were running old firmware, and when I tried to update them, it wouldn't work.

To cut a long story short, they were fake and I got my money back. But unless you had a real set side by side with the fake ones, you wouldn't be able to tell.

So there are super high quality fakes out there, that are basically extremely difficult to spot. And in the case of Airpoid's Max, the second hand market is flooded with them, to the point that it's not really worth trying to buy a pair. Which sucks for anyone trying to sell a set. Never seen a fake iphone to the same quality, but it appears they're out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

Try to update the software to iOS 17.0.3 etc and if it lets you it is real else fake.

Advertisement