Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

F1 2023 - Round 20 - Mexico

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭markw7

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Tsunoda - let me alone. Fair enough.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Ocon giving it large.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭This is it

Piastri will surely have to let Norris pass. He's clearly faster.

Message just given.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭BikeRacer

Superb by Lando

Class Lando, class.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Yeah great overtake for Lando but he screwed his own weekend with a miserable qualifying. How much further up the road could he have been.

Norris is on a real charge. He has passed a serious number of cars today.

• Advertisement

Piastri could well pass Ric shortly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I watched the first few laps and fell asleep. Now I watch the remainder of the race and fall asleep again.

Some message by Lando's engineer there!

Max must feel like he is out for a Sunday drive. Been a while since he's seen a car.

Ocon has eventually passed Hulk.

Norris will hopefully pass Russell without any drama.

• Advertisement

Ah boy Lando, great overtake!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭recyclops

Surprised of the gap between ham and le clerc, thought we would have had more in those hards.

Some drive by Lando

Go on Norris !!

Could Ric get Russell too?

Crofty the wordsmith...'that Alpha Tauri is as fast as a fast thing'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

fairly academic since early on. Another red bull win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I knew toto was team principal of Mercedes but the graphic came up saying he was owner and team principal. Since when ?

Norris made up 12 places but he must have overtaken 20

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Flawless drive from Max. Great weekend for Danny Ric, the Red flag hurt him I think.

He has been an owner for ages now, can't remember what % he is now... 15 or 20 maybe?

Google machine coughed up 33%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Only 20 points between Hamilton and Checo now, yikes

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭MaddChris

He's had a 30-33% stake in the team since 2013

Checo lucky it wasn't down to 1, that disqualification making a real difference.

Booing Leclerc is pure shite, no place for it in F1 imho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,606 ✭✭✭Damien360

He was fantastic to watch. The overtake around the slower section crowd stands was absolutely brilliant.

• Advertisement

That podium was both cringey af and class, Mariachi Verstappen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,397 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

It didn't come across too much, will see when the third place trophy gets handed out maybe. Its a bit of pentaamine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,612 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

F1 is getting boring again

I really enjoyed the race. Quite a lot of drama. Lots of overtaking. Yellow and Red flags. etc

The result was Max winning again - but the rest of the positions were all up for grabs.

Can't wait for the sprint weekend to begin in 5 days time.

You could say its mainly boring, interspersed with seasons that go down to the wire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

Much of a muchness between the mediums and hards after the red flag, Hamilton and Norris particularly were flying on them. Good race for Danny Ric also. Looks like some party in the stadium afterwards

Looks like the majority stayed in that area at least, savage atmosphere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,612 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Im enjoying Mclarens comeback. And I’d love if they went back to the marlboro colours. Red white red . The nicest car ever.

I've never been to a GP, what would be the best party atmosphere/friendly craic track people have first-hand experience of here out of curiosity?

• Advertisement

Oh good call, it's kinda f'd up but the cars just don't look as good without the fag companies plastered all over them and dictating the liveries/colours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,465 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Great race for Ricciardo. Delighted. Last week made him look very bad so he needed this.

Could have had Russell too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,397 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

I mostly found it a good race, the second half at least, both tyre compound close which made it interesting. A few good overtakes, good comeback from Norris. not always a good track for overtaking.

Lando is such a great interviewee - could you imagine if he was with Red Bull.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Whatever Lando does, or wherever he goes, next, he needs to be a number 1 driver.

He has been consistently great for a number of years, in a car that hasn't been all that good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

It's probably safe to say he's blown finishing second in the championship, he's currently the worst driver out of the top 4 teams. Ricciardo could be a safer option for RB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,318 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Very boring race that and I watched the C4 highlights.

Perez done for sure. It was a stupid move from him he should hve settled into third and he would have got 2nd eventually but instead he has potentialy fecked his F1 career now or at least taking a step down the grid somewhere.

Who know maybe Alonso will retire again and Sergio can go to Aston Martin lol.

If he does somehow manage to be on the grid next year hopefully Formula 1 will have brought in new rules where you can only call a driver by their actual name on their ticket so no more stupid Checko only Sergio and if he is not on the grid next year then it will be no great loss to me. I will not miss the childish commentators and media talking Iike that.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

For me, Perez was right to go for the move. The course was open in front of him and he was ahead of everyone marginally (albeit on the wrong side of the track). His only fault was not having spatial awareness and not knowing that he wouldn't have been able to turn in. I'd rather see a driver make a move and back out, than not make the move at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,465 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I don't know why the checo thing annoys you so much.

He responds to it in interviews so seems happy enough with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Anyone notice the cable hanging off Ocons car when Norris was passing him at the end of the straight?

Apparently Norris had 22 overtakes with the record being 30.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement