Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat Person

Options
  • 23-10-2023 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86,700 ✭✭✭✭

Susanna Fogel’s newest film Cat Person is a black comedy psychological thriller film based on a short story of the same name by Kristen Roupenian, which was published in the New Yorker in 2017 and quickly went viral online as people from all over the world related to its depiction of modern-day dating. 

It premiered earlier this year at the Sundance Film Festival

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,860 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

So, there's nothing about actual cats then. Disappointing and irritating.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 22,311 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I dunno. Even cats think cat people are weird.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,860 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭Shelga

Can’t believe it’s been 6 years since the short story! I remember reading it when it came out, and liked it, but can’t remember it extremely well now. Nicholas Braun is definitely better looking than Robert is described in the story!

Thought it an odd choice to make a feature-length film out of, but the trailer looks good. Edgy dark humour. Am interested to see what they do with it. Thanks for sharing, OP!

Advertisement