Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Solar panel installation cause roof leak

• 23-10-2023 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Last night I got a call from my brother which make me hesitate now.

He has a friend who has installed one 3 years before when NSW is on 60c+ buy back scheme. His friend had the 2kw system (Chinese panels and Chinese inverter) and so far the system has been working OK.

The problem is not with the PV system itself, the problem came after one+ year that his roof start to leak. So far he has asked for 6 trads persons came to look at the problem, none of them can determine what is the cause, of course the problem is not fixed. He also called in the original installer but after inspecting the panels around he claimed it is not his installation that caused the problem. This friend also claimed 80% of his friends who had PV system installed have similar problems, often the leak happened not right after the installation but happened one year or later than one year.

Could people who has your PV system installed one year or more share your experience?

What did you do to safe guard this not happening?

Besides installer selection which is decisive but hard to formula a good process, any technical issues also affecting it. e.g., could mounting kit used affecting it?

How many ways of mounting panels on the roof?

Which one is good or better/best?

Do any of your contract has some clause to cover this kind of potential issues? If you do have, would you mind to share the content?

Does any installer's insurance exist to cover this kind of potential issues?

Comments

Advertisement