Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Statements for mortgages

• 24-10-2023 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

I'm just wondering out of curiosity how many people will see your bank statements when you apply for a mortgage?

I've applied to a broker and I can only see my documents, I can't see my partners.

If it goes to a bank, is it very limited who sees them? I just find it very personal, so would be good to know it's not widely shared 😄

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,598 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Surely it's impossible to know?

I don't know how many people work on the mortgage underwriting team.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Most banks have provisions in place to ensure that staff can't go on fishing expeditions snooping in client information that does not concern them and their role in the business. So I'd say you can be reasonably confident that your information will only be handled by people involved in the decision making process under normal conditions. Of course there is always the possibility of human error, but I don't believe it is any worse than with any other organisation processing your personal data.

Advertisement