Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Department plan folder

Options
  • 24-10-2023 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi everyone, I'm looking to update all department plan folders in JC Science, LC Ag Science, LC Chemistry and TY Science. I'm wondering what headings I should have, and if anyone had inspections lately have they advised anything in relation to department plans and what should be in there. I don't want to leave anything out.

Thanks in advance 🙂

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭cmssjone

To be honest, I don’t understand why every single school has to provide a subject department plan. It would make more sense for schools to be given a department plan that schools could amend as required. Thousands of schools wasting thousands of hours basically coming up with variations of the same shite that no one but inspectors look at. I wouldn’t bother updating them and just claim that it is an organic document when challenged.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,475 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

At this stage I'm sure many a department just lifts the plan from the book they are using (some subject books have 3 years plans for teachers)

Just use that and adapt/change as needed. No need to be spending hours reinventing the wheel when that time can be used for lesson content,etc

All Eyes On Rafah

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It would be terrible if a school had a full inspection, including all department plans and one department mistakenly left an empty folder in and it wasn't discovered until after the visit. That would be a terrible thing to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭History Queen

Hahahahahahahaha... gas!

Really highlights how absolutely redundant most of that paperwork is. We once had an inspector ask us to change the positioning of columns in a scheme of work (as in move a column from one side of the table to the other and change the wording of the title if the column)...that was the day I realised I need never worry about the inspector again as their work was clearly entirely redundant and not at all focused on improving teaching or learning.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭amacca

That's the kind of thing would have left me in an apoplectic fit of rage!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭History Queen

The teacher who was with the inspector at the time somehow kept her temper. But I agree with you, absolutely infuriating.

Advertisement