Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Apps from multiple regions - is this possible?

• 25-10-2023 10:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,

Sorry if this is either (a) a stupid question or (b) a question not allowed here - but I am considering switching to iphone. I've always used android up to now. There are a few apps I use very regularly that are not available in Irish app store, I use a VPN to use them and on android I just download the APKs to get them. I know this isn't possible for Apple, but I saw results on google talking about having multiple apple IDs for each region and that'll work - is this correct? If there is any clear and easy guide to follow, I'd appreciate it. This is a deal breaker for me, if it's not possible then I'll likely stick with Android...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

Hi,

It is very easy, all you need is a new email address and create a account for particular region ie US ( very imp to pick up the correct country) and then all you need to do is login to that account when you need to download app from that region, Keychain makes the whole process seamless, I have 3 diff regions apple id and I buy the app from cheap region and then can switch ID.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I don't think you need a region for each country. I have one extra ID and have switched my location on that from UK to France to get region only apps and it worked fine.

I think you could in theory just change your own region however I was wary as I had money in my apple wallet and it told me I could loose it if I changed region

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

What I did was use my normal account for main apps/etc. I then added a 2nd account, installed my UK apps. Then switched country on that account to other countries. Installed the apps needed. Then switched back to my main account. Easy peasy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

yes, same as what I did.

it is really quite annoying though that you have to do it like that. I mean I've seen basic apps such as local transportation or shopping ones which you can't install when you are on holiday

I'm about to set up a new iPhone so will be interesting to see if I have to go through the rigmarole again, or will all my stuff transfer across

Advertisement