Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Go - Cannot Connect to Sky Q

Options
  • 25-10-2023 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 39

I have been trying to use the Sky Go App at home lately and it does not connect to the Sky Q box despite being on the same network.

Sky Q box is connected to eir Sagemcom modem/router via ethernet and I can confirm that both it at the phone/tablet are on the same network / subnet.

It just gives me an error saying that it cannot connect to Sky Q on the Phone app. It did use to work and I did change broadband providers to eir recently so I suspect that this may be the cause of the issue. I have a Sagemcom modem / router and have enabled uPnP but still to no avail.

Has anyone else encountered this issue or know if there is a direct connection between eir broadband somehow blocking the phone connecting to the Sky Q box?

Appreciate any input on this issue.

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 fergoc

Update on this. I changed the DNS setting on the eir modem to use a public DNS service (1.1.1.1 / 1.0.0.1) and now it is working. Really annoying from eir but happy to have found a solution and hope that this might help others in the same boat.

Advertisement