Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solar Panel on New House not Connected

Options
  • 25-10-2023 1:44pm
    Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2

Hi

I bought a new build in 2015 and has 4 PV panels. I have looked for the inverter in which it does not have one. I rang about getting new panels and explained that I have some but don’t believe they are connected and was informed by company that they here this all the time and they are a box ticking for builder to get A rated but are not actually connected. Is this a matter of getting back to the building company( who never get back about this) or is there a legal avenue I can take.

thank you

Post edited by Spear on

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

i'd suggest get on to the builder in the first instance

it could be that the panels have micro inverters on each of them and are up on the roof. Have had similar issues with my own. I'm doubtful that mine are connected properly too. I see no impact on bills!

Also did your installer/builder submit an NC6 form (i think thats it) for export? if not ask for that too

• Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2 ste1985

They could be only for export. I see if the builders replies. Thanks for the info

Advertisement