Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eir wifi ssid is back

Options
  • 25-10-2023 4:05pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭

the ssid is now back showing up even though the service was discontinued last july

the new myeir software seems not to have a setting to disable it included .

theres no options to do it in the user panel either

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

Eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,140 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

It potentially is under "hidden" menu as many ISP have done on their soft/FW

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

it would be a pain if everybody has to ring them up to remove it , ringing them is not something you want to do unless you have 2

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭muffinhead

I ended up flashing my old Eir F2000 with V22 firmware for Spark (a NZ ISP) found here:

On the plus side it got rid of the Eir WiFi SSID and it added a VOIP option to the router. The downside is I had to manually adjust numerous settings to get the router to work with my ISP as it is setup for New Zealand and the settings backup from the Eir firmware didn't work. However, once setup it works fine for me - I also tested the backup and restore function with my new settings and this works fine also.

If you go down this route make sure you factory reset the router before updating the firmware, this will restore the default settings including login details (from the sticker on the back).

did this also block out the eir remote logins , i rebooted a few times to remove the eir wifi ssid and you get a raft of remote logins leading to it appearing again ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭muffinhead

I'm not sure about the remote logins but the Eir WiFi SSID has never appeared since changing to the new firmware. Also, the user customizable Guest Network has been restored which can be enabled / disabled.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭long_b

Does anyone know how to get any updates to the official Eir firmware for the F2000 (if there even is such a thing) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭windowcills

Think modems automatically update

if yours is not upto date ring eir and they can push the latest update to your device

Advertisement