Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ipod touch issue, now half my music on iTunes is missing...

• 26-10-2023 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭

I have a 13 year old Ipod touch 64GB. It's never missed a beat in all that time, until last week...

I looked at it and the USB cable symbol was showing and prompting for a connect to iTunes.

Very odd I thought and tried reboot a few times still the same. So long story short I resigned myself to having to restore (IOS install) it - I was at work and had itunes installed on my laptop there - tried to restore it and it didn't work.

I then went home and connected the iPod to the home pc (where itunes with my music library resides). I took a backup of the library to an external hdd first.

Then ran the ipod reset which went fine, then ran a full sync to itunes...few hours later and I'm expecting a great result - until I see the error messages, eg song xxx could not be copied as it could not be found etc.

It looks like chunks of the library are missing, mainly all artists titled C,D & E aren't there (there were many) and who knows what else...

I checked the hdd backup and these artists aren't there either. I'm willing to accept that there may have been some corruption etc on the home pc and some of this content has somehow disappeared (not likely as it's been working fine for 13 years) but can anyone make any sense of the above at all? Is it just coincidence that the corrupt IOS & half my music disappearing happened at the same time?

Comments

Advertisement