Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FINANCE IRELAND

• 26-10-2023 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Just wanted to get some advice I am.switching lenders Husband isn't around.

I'd bought the house on my own years ago so I'm.with pepper and had went through a broker and he said haven looks good green mortgage I was delighted but now says it could he tight getting it over the line... iv no debts whatsoever

As I'm paying 9% and Haven are 3.7% I think but says Finance Ireland may be an option not too happy using them to be honest as there rates are big too... any advice on a solo application what to do thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Q&A

Why does your broker think it might be tight with Haven?

My advice would be don't limit yourself to just 2 providers. No harm trying them all. Depending how your credit record looks it might be as easy to apply on your own. If you've issues in the past a mortgage broker might be a better option but not all lenders work through brokers.

What do you mean your husband isn't around? Depending on the answer it could complicate a mortgage application e.g., he's still alive but you are separated -but married - he may have a claim on the property.

Aside from the above each lender will have its own credit policy so things like loan to income, repayment as a % your after tax income, age etc. Will all be factors in their decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭bewhiched

Thank you for the reply.

I'm not sure really mentioned something about computer numbers very odd my Credit report is excellent iv no loans Credit cards overdrafts nothing. Just the mortgage.

No kids either.

He's gone years so even when he was here never helped one bit.. We split up sorry was meant to say. Not legally bloody can't afford a separation to be honest.. Bought the house well b4 we married.... he said he would sign awaiver if he had too. Which is great

Just seems to be very hard getting a sole application on my own. Even though is was bought on my own. And my wages has gone up good bit since then...

I'm on 62k a year I'm paying €1860 9% got hot with 6 hikes when the ECB started killing me..

Plus I think haven Aib Ebs only look at single applications..

Think I'll check around myself!! Plus definitely he then said Ireland finance will do a 3 year fixed for 1756 pm!! Not going there...

Thanks a million

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭JVince

There's a government supported initiative by BPFI to move people like you away from the likes of pepper.

Here's the news release - situation like yours is about 6 paragraphs down.

Make sure AIB / Boi know that it is this scheme you wish to apply under. It will make the process easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭bewhiched

Thank you both for the great information I'll get in touch with all that information and hopefully I'll get away from Pepper

Thank you very much again 😊

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 581 ✭✭✭AnRothar

he said he would sign a waiver if he had too

I think you need to get legal advice rapidly regarding your husband and any potential current or future claim on the house.

A waiver in the absence of a legal agreement may not be worth the paper its written on.

• Advertisement
Advertisement