Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Alarm question

• 27-10-2023 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi All, I recently had a HKC alarm fitted.

When entering the front door there are 2 sensors visible, these have been set as an entry exit points as they are both activated entering the property. When entering the property from the front door the panel will bleep for the password as you would expect...

However in testing the alarm if I don't enter the password only the internal alarm will sound, the outdoor alarm does not go off, is this normal?

I would have assumed that after the 30seconds the outdoor alarm should also go off?

I've spoken to the fitter about this & he said its normal as the sensors are set to entry exit points. He also said that if any of the other sensors pick up motion they would activate the external alarm, I've found this isn't the case.

The only way I can activate the external alarm is by triggering the sensors that are not set as entry exit points.

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭kub

Your installer is abiding by EN 50131, if you are not happy then consider further detectors on the area immediately beyond your route from your Front Door to your keypad.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If there is a contact on the front door then the PiRs should be set as alarm with an attribute of Access. This means they would follow the front doors entry time with a full activation after the entry time runs out. However in the event of an activation without the front door starting the entry time the full activation should be instant. This us all very basic stuff. I'd recommend getting another installer to look at this for you.

Post edited by KoolKid on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,744 ✭✭✭✭altor

No, after the initial 30 seconds the internal bell will only sound.

The system will generate an entry fault, after another 30 seconds the external bell should sound.

With regards to the sensor in the hall. If you do a full set and stay out of the view of that motion sensor, then after the system is set does it beep like an entry zone or does the system go into alarm?

All other zones not on this entry route after a full set should activate the alarm system once triggered if entry exit zone has not been activated.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 RootinJoe

Thanks for the reply, The door isn't fitted with a contact, unfortunately it wasn't wired for a Contact at the time & running one now isn't possible / practical. is there a remote option for a door Contact? just that I know what I'm asking for.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8 RootinJoe

Thanks for the reply,

That sounds like what's happening alright, I probably haven't given it enough time to see does the external alarm go off after the entry fault 30sec, the sensors in the hall upstairs & downstairs are both covering the front door.

Sounds like I need a Contact fitted to the front door as KoolKid has said. hopefully there is a remote / battery option available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,744 ✭✭✭✭altor

If the panel is a hybrid panel, HKC 1070 or later then you should be able to get the installer to add a wire free sensor to the front door.

Advertisement