Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reactivate Vodafone number

Options
  • 27-10-2023 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭

Can you reactivate a Vodafone PAYG sim by topping up?

Number has moved to passive state and Vodafone services gone 6 months ago

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭beachhead

I'd say you'll have contact Vodafone customer services to see if the number is still available.I did it with Eir a few years ago.Number was still available to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Directly from the Vodafone website:

If you have not topped up your credit in 6 months or more, you need to take action to prevent your pay as you go mobile number from being disconnected due to inactivity.

You may have received texts or an email from Vodafone indicating that you need to top up. Your account may also have been marked as inactive within My Vodafone. If so, the below information will tell you what to do.

• 6 months after the last top up – you should receive a text advising that you'd need to top up within 7 days to keep your number active
    • 6 months and 7 days after last top up - outgoing calls and texts will be deactivated, incoming services stay active
    • 8 months after last top up – you will receive a text advising of impending disconnection if you do not top up in the next 7 days
    • 8 months and 7 days after last top up - your number will be disconnected but can be reactivated at any time within the following 6 months. Please submit a reconnection request or contact us via the Chat button on this screen, and we will be happy to assist you with this
    • 14 months after last top up - your number is recycled and cannot be returned to you

You can top up any time with a minimum of €5.

If you still need help, please connect with our customer care team by clicking the Chat button on this screen.

You might be too late to get it reconnected but I wouldn't delay any longer in contacting them and if they do reactivate it just chuck 5e on it.

Advertisement