Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Toyota Prius Service

• 28-10-2023 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

I recently left in my 2016 Prius for service with Main Toyota dealer.Within a couple of hours ,I got an email saying that All spark plugs needed to be replaced at cost of nearly 300 euro. I decided not to authorise until I checked out further (only 52000 klms on clock).I complained to Service Manager about lack of communication,delays and extra charges outside of basic service.The manager then advised me that Lifetime plugs had been installed in my car in 2021 and I didnt need new plugs,.I`m just posting this ,so that others should not accept extra work /charges when leaving car in for service without double checking if work really is needed ,even from Main Dealer

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭sumo12

Plugs are 90,000k interval on a Prius. No such thing as "lifetime" plugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭lob020

I think your missing the point

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭mode1990

I bought a 2017 prius used in 2020 , I've yet to replace the brake pads after 130kof driving , regarding the spark plugs, yes after 100km assuming their longlife then they need replacing , however, I've well overshot that mark and the fuel economy has remained static @ 25.1 km per litre , what really should be changed is the water pump @ 180k , mine failed at 197k , its €600 for the new electric pump but the only money I've spent ! Stay away from dealers , what's gas is , its the same oil filter that fit on 04 Avensis ! If you need help on service I'd be glad to help !

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭lob020

Thanks ,I obviously meant long life plugs,similar to yourself ,I`m not going to Main Dealer again for service,and was just advising others not to accept additional charges when servicing without due diligence

Thanks for offer BtW I`ll pm you next service

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭sumo12

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

You might find the extended warranty from main dealer servicing handy down the road

Advertisement