Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now TV payment issue

Options
  • 29-10-2023 12:40pm
    Administrators Posts: 376 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

This discussion was created from comments split from: Sports Extra (TNT/Premier).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Thought this would be the best place for this post, maybe a mod could move if necessary.

I cancelled my NowTV sports sub last May at the end of the season. I recently found that they have still been charging my account for the sub each month since. I've checked my account details and it says that no subs are currently active and that no payments taken since May yet my bank statements and a call to BOI fraud dept prove otherwise.

It also seems impossible to delete my card from their website and BOI say thats impossible to block NowTV from my card as they have worked a way to take the payment under a different name each month. Some of you may have noticed a short number/letter code on your statements differing each month.

Ive messaged them through whatever meagre means they provide on the website (no live chat function since COVID apparently).

I made this post to warn people about this company as some googling seems to show this is not an isolated incident. I'll keep you all posted.

Thank you for your time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,708 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Is it possible you set up a second account under a different email address? I’ve 3 accounts for signing up for different offers. Or else maybe someone else has an account set up with your card?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Definitely no second email hopefully no one has my card. Interestingly, I changed my debit card during the summer and cant remember updating the card details on the site. BOI fraud explained that visa set up a 'token' for some subscriptions that mean you dont have to go about updating every sub after the card change which would explain how NOWTV could keep charging the new card. The BOI rep went as far to call NOWtv a 'crafty company' who have sussed a workaround to make it impossible for banks to block them by using a different name each month.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,127 ✭✭✭✭muffler

would this not be something that one of the statutory consumer groups should be looking into?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

A bit early to be calling in the artillery wouldn't you think?

I have had off and on Now subscriptions for Sky Sports and Sky Entertainment and have never had any problem with cancellations. For starters, they straight away send you an acknowledgement e-mail that you have cancelled and that e-mail will tell you when the service will be discontinued. You get to view the channel(s) up to the next renewal date, at which point your subscription is terminated. Never had any issues with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭mjp

Sorry for bringing up an old thread but have just traced down that I have been charged €28 a month from Now TV for subscriptions that i had never singed up for. My only sign up was for 1 day pass that i bought in July 2022 for British Open golf and however following on form that i was being charged €11.99 x 2 for Entertainment and Cinema packages which i never once used and an addtional €5 for boost package for HD content. They tried to pass it on that other family members may have singed up under my name but that is not hte case. After spending over na hour onto chat support i got 2 months( €56) as a refund but got nowhere with them.

I'm disgusted with myself that never noticed these transactions on my statement but they mark them as POS transactions and use different reference details each month which catches people out. Word of warning for anyone who deals with this shower of cowboys.

Advertisement