Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

how many lessons would a truck licence holder with a c licence need in general to get a bus licence?

• 29-10-2023 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

so i recently passed my truck test after about 30 to 35 hours of driving and was wondering how many lessons i might need in a bus ? i had 1 1 hour bus lesson in a manual bus before that was only marginally bigger than the truck i learned in and it didnt seem that hard.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭mikeecho

I did the bus with one lesson, after having passed the truck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

I picked up the bus easily enough after the truck 2-3 hrs driving the bus and I was fine. The only difference I could see in driving is that some of the bigger buses have a lot more tail swing than some of the big rigid trucks, once you get the hang of that there isnt a lot of difference at all. Dealing with a bus full of boisterous kids now thats another issue..

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭wsa30h

interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭BruteStock

Do you need to provide proof of having completed a certain amount of bus lessons before you can sit the test?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,061 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Nope. You only need mandatory lessons for As(AM/A1/A2/A) and B licences.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭BruteStock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭WildWater

What it may come down to is the willingness of the driving school (assuming you have to use a DS) to give you the bus for the test. Some will insist on a set number of hours/lessons before they will agree to give you the bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭wsa30h

yes my instructor insisted on 8 hours but no mandatory set amount by law.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭mikeecho

As previously mentioned, the difference with the bus v truck test, is the rear overhang, and your need to be super smooth in your stopping/starting and general manoeuvres.

Advertisement