Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

After market Radio issue

• 29-10-2023 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi guys

I thought this might be a good place to post my issue as I am having a hard time finding anyone willing to look at my issue near me.

I bought an aftermarket radio last year and it has recently began acting up, I have factory reset the device twice and looked at the wiring and cannot find any obvious issues. I have called mechanics asking anyone near me who might have an idea who would be able to look at the car or to even diagnose the issue for me.

I am just wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction as to whom might be willing to look at a car with an after market radio, I am willing to drive to get it looked at.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,498 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

A mechanic is unlikely to be able to help you, beyond checking the wiring which I think you have already done. My best guess would be the aerial connection but if you want a professional to have a look, I'd find a local guy who installs after market phone kits and ask him to check the radio and the wiring. It's very unlikely that the radio itself is serviceable, you will need to invoke the warranty and ask the seller to repair or replace if you can't identify a fault with the wiring.

It might help people here if you gave the make and model of both the radio and the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Obbly97

I have checked all of the wiring there is definitely no obvious signs of stress on that side of it anyways. I'm not for definite sure the make and model but I have found a similar model on amazon which looks the exact same and has the same specs as my radio from the car. I also have a Ford Focus 2014 MK3.

Boards will not let me post any links as I have not made enough posts however I can upload a picture of what the radio looks like.

Hopefully that is helpful. This has the exact same specs (2GB RAM and 32GB Storage) and looks virtually the same to the radio that I have in the car.

I will for sure do more looking for someone local who install these types of kits, I have had no luck as of yet but perhaps after the bank holiday I may have some luck, seems to difficult to find anyone who can do these types of things in my area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 791 ✭✭✭mk7r

That's radio is not even worth someones time to look at, those cheap Chinese units are junk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,498 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I'm not for definite sure the make and model but I have found a similar model on amazon which looks the exact same and has the same specs as my radio from the car.

• It came in a box - which showed the make and model?
    • You have an owner's manual - which shows the make and model?
    • You ordered it online, so you have an e-mail with the order confirmation - which shows the make and model?
    • And you're not prepared to quote the make and model of or provide a link to the 'similar model' you can see on Amazon?

You're not making it easy for us, are you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

When you say 'acting up' what is the radio doing or not doing? A clear description of the fault and make / model of the radio would be a useful start.

You're unlikely to get much help with the very vague information in your original post.

• Advertisement
Advertisement