Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heat Pump Quotes

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,647 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

That sounds like a decent enough quote to me. My own A2A system was installed in 2020 and cost €1,300 for the 2 Mitsubishi units needed and he charged €500 for the install which took him about 4 to 5 hours.

Im not sure how the grant system is for A2A right now but when I installed the grant was €600 but you had to get a technical assessment from a BER assessor before the installation and then another one after the job was done and that would have cost around €500 anyway. So I forgoed the grant and just went ahead without it.

I installed the A2A system on the ground floor of my house to replace 3x very old storage heaters. Im very happy with it as my bills went down and also it has the added bonus of air conditioning in the summer. I might only use the air con less than 10 days a year (and then only for an hour at a time) but when you need air con then it is amazing to have a cool house on a roasting hot and humid day. It proved particularly useful during the heatwave in the summer of 2022 when everyone I knew was roasting inside their houses while I had my unit set to a cool 16c for a couple of hours in the evenings when the heatwave was really muggy and stuffy with the high humidity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭allinthehead

Thanks for the reply, that has helped confirm my thoughts on the suitability of A2A. Can I ask what year your house was built?

☀️

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭poker--addict

The main difference between nibe 1125 and 1225 as i understand is one has integrated hot water tank (around 200L).

22k ex vat include install and a large tank. Note this is replacement so no underfloor pipe work etc to be included in cost

😎

• Registered Users Posts: 19,647 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

1994/5. Measured a BER of D3 when I bought it but have since upgraded it a fair bit with new windows & doors, a stove installed and am internally insulating it later this summer. I installed the A2A system after the windows and doors were replaced, without doing that the bills would have been higher as the old windows and front door were leaking hot air out of the building.

Thanks for that, I'm definitely going ahead. House is 2008, BER of B2 and new front door.

☀️

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭THE ALM

Latest quote before making a decision.

Stiebel Eltron HPA-08 + Cylinder HSBC 220.

Add radiator and upgrade 2 more.

Remove old boiler and cylinder.

Just a touch over €14k inc. vat

I believe Stiebel Eltron are at the upper end of the market. They have set up a new base here so will take a trip to the showroom to check it out.

These quotes are a bit of a disaster for replacement heat pumps if SEAI are not willing to put the 6.5K€ down. oil boiler will end up making more sense

😎

Absolutely, my gas boiler packed in a couple of years ago and it was during the winter, needed sorting quickly. I had little choice but to replace it with another gas boiler.

☀️

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

I did, albeit it was last year, they were up on 19k (two were suggested)

😎

• Advertisement

Three more quotes for A2A.

1. No grant, single 3.5kw Daiken unit. €4100 plus vat.
    2. Grant applied but must remove gas boiler at further expense. 2 no. 3.5kw Daiken units. €4k ish after grant. Site visit required at a cost of €200.
    3. No grant, single 3.5kw Mitsubishi unit. €2.5-3k subject to site visit.

☀️

Advertisement