Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Euro to Sterling

• 31-10-2023 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi I have to pay a deposit of £500 sterling for dental work, how best to I change from euro to £?

I rang AIB bank and they charge commission to take out euros beforehand. If I use I aib card in the detail practice does this eliminate commission charges and I pay the rate on the day?

I have revolut on my phone have just ordered a card but won't be here on time....any advice please as I will have to pay £3000 in total over the next few months

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

You shouldn't need a physical card with Revolut. You can either create a virtual card right now or do a bank transfer.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,788 ✭✭✭Allinall

You shouldn't need a card to do it via Revolut. Just do it on the app, and then make a transfer from your Sterling balance.

I have found Revolut to be the best by far for exchange rates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭thebiglad

You can transfer your Revolut virtual card to Google Wallet etc. and pay with your phone or, if you can get the Dentist bank account details you can transfer to that from Revolut - perhaps make the transfer before you visit so that they have funds as it may take a short while to process.

All else fails, could the dentist take the payment as customer not present, i.e. key in the card details to their machine and process it that way.

You'll have the physical quick enough so future visits should not be so much of an issue.

Advertisement