Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rooting Hedge cuttings (slips)

Options
  • 31-10-2023 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭

They would be Olearia and Fuchsia generally and as usual I'll be rooting in old milk drums using moss peat.

Can I do it this time of year?

We don't really get snow or frost here (Atlantic coast) and I could always cover if we did.

Also I have some Sitka spruce that I want to transplant, they are around 2 foot high.

I want to dig out and replant somewhere else...Same question kinda... Can I do it this time of year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,433 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Digging out and transplanting you should be fine this time of year. Setting cuttings is a bit late but worth a try. Why would you plant them in peat moss? They would be better in a compost and soil mix. You may have to try again next summer but nothing lost in the meantime.

Advertisement