Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madrid with kids

Options
  • 01-11-2023 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Heading to Madrid in the Spring with 3 kids ranging from 8-16 and looking for recommendations of where to stay and what to do.

Any nice aparthotels that are central or located in a nice area?

Hope to do the tour of the Bernabeu stadium, I would imagine match tickets would be like gold dust.

Can't decide whether to do the walking tour or the hop on/ hop off bus.

Any other activities, shows etc that anyone can recommend for a family?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,969 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Well worth a visit with kids, young and old. Was there about 7/8 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

Can recommend the above too, was there last year.

Nate

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

The theme park is fine if a little rickety. Do the hop-on hop-off bus tour; Madrid is a big city!! Stayed in the Riu Plaza which was a thoroughly splendid hotel. Small outdoor pool on the 21st floor and bars on the 25th with fantastic views of the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

nicest hotel ive ever stayed in , breathtaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭gipi

I went to Madrid a few years ago (solo traveller). Réal were away that weekend, but I was able to book a ticket online for Atlético's home game with no difficulty.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

The stadium tour of the Bernabeu is well worth doing. A trip to Retiro Park and hire a little rowing boat is a fun way to spend a few hours. This pasteleria is amazing. Buy cakes and sit out in the sunshine somewhere and eat them, a great treat. Madrid zoo is also pretty good with an aquatic show too. Madrid feels like a safer city than Barcelona, but we found you had to have some basic Spanish as if you go off the beaten track the locals spoke little or no English.

I Forgot about Parque de Atracciones de Madrid, I preferred this to the Warner attraction park.

Nate

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

I had fun, lots to do and caters for all ages. I would say Warner would be better for younger children though.

Nate

Another one if travelling over for Christmas is Parque Mágicas Navidades - runs from Nov30th to Jan

Nate

• Advertisement
Advertisement