Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quote part of a post

Options
  • 01-11-2023 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭

How do I do that? When I just want to pick part of a post to reply to, not the whole thing. On mobile. The link on Niamh’s how do I thread is dead.

TIA

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

How do I do that? When I just want to pick part of a post to reply to, not the whole thing. On mobile. The link on Niamh’s how do I thread is dead.

Copy the text, paste it into the reply box, then highlight the text.

Now, click the Paragraph icon at the bottom of the reply box, and then click the quotation mark icon.

Edit: predictive text

Post edited by Esel on

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭Inviere

That doesn't show who posted it though, it's just a vaguely differentiated block of text. You can see when I then quote it, the differentiation is all lost and it appears that you said it, when you didn't. To my knowledge, there's still no way of selective quoting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

Cheers for that folks. That should be good enough quoting for my needs 👍

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

Advertisement