Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Property in dunlavin

Options
  • 02-11-2023 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi, its my first time using boards.ie so I maybe posting this in the wrong section. I am looking for information on dunlavin wicklow. I am considering moving there from Dublin and need to know if it is a good area for families with young kids. I have driven through a few times and notice alot closing down in the village and worried could it be a shrinking village?

Any information be great. Are football clubs good for kids? Are local gyms good for adults?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Are you buying in the village or nearby in a rural area, overall it's a nice place to live, just don't buy too close to the Dublin Products Factory

• Registered Users Posts: 7 knowmore1

We are looking to buy just on the outskirts of the village of dunlavin near the rathsallagh end. We just want a small village with good community and activities for the kids such as football and gym. Commuting to Dublin twice a week is all we need so if anyone has any information on buses or do we have to drive it?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,279 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Whatwicklow

I am within 25mins of dunlavin and it's as close as I'd ever really like to get to it.

It's never really had a positive reputation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

The Rathsallagh side is where the factory is, I wouldn't buy close to the factory

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭phormium

I only visit Dunlavin to see relations on a fairly irregular basis so can't comment on the community as such but I wouldn't buy anywhere within smelling distance of that factory, did not even know name of it but I always drive in from Rathsallagh side and it's fairly noticeable!

Advertisement