Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Day- Thurs 27th June 2024 Marlay Park Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Best live band going. What a night.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

just get better and better

Never disappoint

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

There was a proposal up front in Gold Circle during Extradinary Girl. I thought someone had hit the floor for a second!!

Was very cute and sweet. The girl was in pure shock. Plenty videoing the moment for her to look back on 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭ergo

What a show!

Do you know the enemy?
    Do you know your enemy?
    Well, gotta know the enemy, rah-eh…!

That's all I can say right now 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭nullObjects

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭emo72

Weather was fairly shite all night. But those lads keep on trucking. They really are one of the best live bands going. Fair play to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

I didn't think Pearl Jam last weekend could be topped but Green Day might have just done it. Still the best live band I've ever seen, they just know how to entertain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭Jaffa3000

Thought Pearl Jam were miles better last week and Green Day were very gimmicky tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Different type of shows. Pearl Jam for the music and vibe. Green Day for the pure showmanship.

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭Mike3549

One hell of a night. Went batsh!t crazy with my kids

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 12,575 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Have to say that I thought the opposite. I love Pearl Jam and could take or leave Green day but Eddie scuttered on about Dublin and Hansard and anyone he ever met from Ireland for half the night. Most of his stories were dull and pointless whereas Green day just stuck to playing their tunes. That said, I'd have culled the back half of the American Idiot album and played more Insomniac or Nimrod.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

that’s harsh. Was at the two gigs as well (PJ with wife/friends and GD with wife/kids) enjoyed both equally. Each night had great set lists and insanely talented front men and tight musicians behind them….after that it’s a matter of taste

• Registered Users Posts: 38,398 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Enjoyed that

Why does Billie Joe still look like a teenager

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭muzakfan

Incredible show yet again from Green Day. Real bang of nostalgia from 2 different eras. Thoroughly enjoyed.

But wtf was that at the end? Pure dangerous fuelling the whole crowd out a single narrow chute. A matter of when not if there's a major incident there. How do they get away with having gigs out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,398 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭antimatterx

I left as soon as time of your life came on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Just home! That was fun. Such an enjoyable gig.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭FionnK86

It was my 3rd time seeing them and I thought they were good but previous 2 times I enjoyed myself more. I put it down to the crowd more than anything.

Last 2 times we were in Golden Circle and could mosh and dance around but this time we were just at 1st barrier behind it and it was dead. There was one big guy in a blue poncho in his forties who knew every line but he was with his daughter and there were lots of kids (which is great) but think it meant there was very little engagement from crowd back to the band.

The setlist was incredible, I never thought i'd get to see some of these songs live ever, but I am raging that I could not get into it as much as I did last time.

The sound on stage right was also screwed up. It sounded like the loud or bassy parts were muffled, and the lead parts came through. Maybe PJ blew the speakers or the soundman didn't have enough time to soundcheck but it seemed slightly better out of the stage left.

Security were actually really good at their jobs, and they were probably overstaffed given the rain but them and the barstaff were pretty sound.

I'd go see Green Day again but next time need to go back somewhere to get some moshin' done

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭mollser

Awesome gig, some craic in gold circle. Friendly mosh pits going all night long! They sure can entertain, the energy of that band is off the charts.

Some deep cuts, keep the pearl jam 10 club fans happy😜

• Advertisement

Both good music (else I wouldn’t have been there) but found the endless “eyyyyy-yoooo”s, “jump!” and “get your hands in the air!!!” cringeworthy. Feel like there was a lot less of that 2 years ago at Hella Mega (perhaps due to time constraints)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭antimatterx

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Massively enjoyed Dookie, and the 'hits' off American Idiot were class, but i felt the gig kinda went off the boil towards the end ?

GC was good, plenty room , and i nearly felt guilty looking at the youngsters standing at the barriers in general …..

I dont think there was many allowed into GC without wristbands as we were for PJ ?

I gave my wristband to a lady towards the end of the gig as i was leaving … about 15 mins before the end, i had had enough by then…

Great showmen, great musicians…. But i felt it was a bit 'gimmicky' ….

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Fair enough, I didn't make it to Hella Mega (had too many gigs at the same time), so can't comment on that….but any time I've seen Green Day before they've done the eyyy-yoo's etc..It's Billie Joe's thing and I think it gets the crowd going (but each to their own). They fairly rattled through the songs, so you can't fault them for time wasting at least.

We left with the kids towards the end of Homecoming (having dropped 90 bucks on two t-shirts for them 😂), steady stream leaving at that time, which is a shame…but after Pearl Jam I think a lot of people didn't want to risk the crush. Crazy that you have to miss songs at a gig just to avoid the inevitable sh*t show of an exit!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭newhouse87

Any idea of crowd numbers just night?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

If it's Marlay ya gotta leave Early

Ridiculous setup

seemed larger than Pearl jam, but that could also be becuase they made the GC a bit smaller

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Advertisement

It was a bit smaller because the barrier was moved back

Advertisement