Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carers allowance to JSA and fuel allowance

Options
  • 02-11-2023 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭

I was on JSA for a few years and then got carers allowance until January 2023 and have since gone back on JSA. I used to get the fuel allowance automatically before but it did not come this year.

I think I should have applied for it again as was not entitled to it while on carers allowance.

I wonder would I be likely to get it back dated if I apply for it now.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,268 ✭✭✭✭zell12

It will not be be backdated.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,984 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Yes, its not automatically applied when you change Payment type. As long as there was no breaks between Carers allowance & Going back on JSA you will retain eligibility and it will be back dated but apply immediately.

DSP are very strict about eligibility time frames which is 12 months continuous time on JSA , the clock stops as such when you move to certain payments or schemes such as CE schemes or if there is a break, even a short one, say JSA. If you have achieved eligibility prior to starting CE schemes etc, you retain Fuel allowance payment.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

Clock doesn't stop on a ce scheme

• Registered Users Posts: 26,984 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I beg to differ it does & dealt with in great detail previously. Check threads before posting this nonsense.

If a person has not built up the eligibility (12 months) on JSA and commences a CE scheme the clock stops.

If a person has built up eligibility, been awarded FA they retain it whilst on the CE scheme

In simple terms you might understand.

A person is on JSA eleven months, Accept a CE scheme placement, clock stops the minute they commence & during the time on the CE scheme, FA will NOT be awarded.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Advertisement