Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Converting chalet for rental

Options
  • 03-11-2023 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭

Hi<

Im in process of converting my chalet to 1 or 2 bed apartment and will rent it on Air BnB. whilst i will get taxed heavily on this income the demand for it where im based in connemara with tourists far outweigh the costs. my question is form those who rent out air bnbs at moment would i be better doing 2 bed or 1 bed and should i go 2 double rooms or 1 double and 1twin room?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Have you planning for change of use?

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭mjp

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭JVince

Double and two singles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭dennyk

A two-bed with one double and two singles/twins would be the most flexible arrangement, suiting families with one or two children. You could also consider getting one of those sets of single beds and mattresses (zip and link) that can be put together to form a larger king-size-ish bed or split apart into two single beds, though that would likely cost a bit more and would require buying some extra sets of bed linens. (Just please don't cheap out and buy two normal single beds and cram them together instead; no one likes falling into the giant crack in the centre of the bed when the mattresses slide apart...)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

Trundle beds with a bed under a bed would give you all possible combinations. Two doubles, two twin and double and twin.

• Advertisement
Advertisement