Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky hd box from irish epg to english epj

Options
  • 04-11-2023 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Can you change the irish epg to english epg without connecting to the Internet. I have an english sky card and I did a rebuild with the card in the box and also did an update by powering on with the button pressed and the 4 leds came on but still irish. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

If the English card wasn't active in a Sky box for a long time, it might be no harm to just try leaving it in the box and keep the box powered to see if it updates and changes the EPG.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭decor58

I did a "new installation" reset a few years ago,I can't remember if I left the UK card in but the box was connected to the Internet. The box, an Irish box, defaulted to UK settings, there was a YouTube video available at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,474 ✭✭✭swoofer

I have done this quite a few times and no trouble. can you turn the box upside down and read off the model number? Its quite possible the box may be too old and this applies to pace and thompson models. All the ones I used had Sky as the manufacturer and read something like DRX 890 ,,,.

There should ne no need to do a rebuild but i do update to the last known software. I am using blue coloured with house cards. All I do is connect up box and let it boot to existing epg t, selcy sky news then put in card and wait and it will change epg, then do software update. Software update is unplug from wall and wait then as you plug into wall press backup fisrt and hold and hold until message appears.

no internet

• Registered Users Posts: 7 mij

The epg doesn't change. The box code is DRX895. It's a White card with a house on it. If that's the difference. How long should it take to change? Sky are definitely not making this easy.

I have a lot of sky cards but none that's white with a house on it can you upload a pic? I think that's the problem

• Advertisement

Sorry I meant it a white with just SKY on it.

Tried that. No joy

Now you have the problem is it a defenite UK card? I have more than one but I cannot recall ever switching a DRX895 , usually they are DRX890.

If I had one this is what I would try, clean card thoroughly, put card in upside down and see if you get a message, go to details when card is inserted to see if box is reading it.

I would check signal levels to make sure you are getting a signal to both inputs.

Then if card is being read I would power off by unplugging from box with card in, wait a good 5 mins, power back on by plugging lead back in and wait don't use remote for more than 5 minutes.

One last thing when I connect up box first I always select sky news and then put UK card in. I don't know why but always do out of habit.

Check software version in box and if old update then go as above.

Then get another card

The card was faulty. Got a card from SAT-planet. It worked a treat. No need for a rebuild or new installation. Just put the card in and the EPG changes to the english one. You can do a new install if you don't want to leave the card in and it works perfectly too.

Thanks Swoofer. Sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭ALS

Any spare viewing card please. , I’ve a spare hd box with no viewing card

look on ebay very cheap now.

SAT-planet has them and you can be sure they work. €18 including delivery. That's were I got my one.

Advertisement